0 of 41 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 41 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Do you need procedures within a company that adheres to the relevant laws and regulations of the country.
2. You need an emergency procedure within a company
3. An emergency plan within a company does not need to show exact exit routes and assembly points
4. A handover procedure contains information and explanations on how to hand it over to the emergency services when they arrive on the scene
5. What are the three components of a Fire Tetrahedron/ Triangle
6. If you can eliminate one of the three elements of the above triangle you can extinguish a fire.
7. There are three types of heat transmission, they are:
8. Heating equipment, smoking, arson, human error are all things that can cause a fire to start.
9. Choose from the below which you would consider to be sources of the ignition of fires:
10. Choose the classification of fires from the below:
11. Haystacks can sometimes start burning all by themselves because of gas buildup and heat, when the gas comes into contact with the oxygen in the air it burns. This is called:
12. A fire that has burned past its flashover point will start to die down if it is running out of fuel, oxygen, or heat. This is called:
Opening a door of a burning building can cause a:
14.1 Choose the correct explanation for the following safety signs:
14.2 Choose the correct explanation for the following safety signs:
14.3 Choose the correct explanation for the following safety signs:
15. You cannot use people to help detect fires in your workplace.
16. You need to check all your fire equipment on a regular basis
17. You need to have all your fire extinguishers serviced every year and the service date has to appear on every extinguisher. Every extinguisher should have a unique number.
18. The peak of a fire (when it burns at its strongest point) is called the flashover point.
19. What would you use to extinguish a paper fire?
20. You can use water to extinguish an electrical fire
21. To smother a small fire you can use buckets that are filled with sand – these can also be used on electrical fires.
22. Choose the equipment that can be used to extinguish a fire:
23. To determine what the chances are of fires breaking out in your company, the company has to do
24. What does the “P” stand for in the word PASS used to help you remember how to operate a fire extighuisher?
25. You can prevent a fire from spreading by using or doing which of the following:
26. As soon as the fire alarm is sounded the fire teams need to assemble at their designated assembly point.
27. You do not need to determine which type of fire it is, you can just grab the first available fire extinguishing equipment.
28. You always start extinguishing a fire at the base of the fire
29. You need a team to handle a fire hose attached to a hydrant
30. You use the following method when trying to extinguish a fire
31. You need to ensure that your back is always towards an escape route
32. You need to ensure that you take in as much information about the situation and the fire so that you can give this information to the emergency services when they take over the scene
33. You as the fire fighter can leave the area and return to your work once the emergency services have arrived, even if they ask you to stay and help.
34. You need to tell the emergency services if there is vital information like people that might be trapped.
35. You as the fire fighter will most likely be asked to give a witness statement for the incident investigation.
36. You do not need to check, clean and store the PPE you used after a fire, you can just leave it for someone else when they clean up the scene.
37. You need to check hoses for:
38. You can just store a respirator helmet, even if you notice a hole in it.
39. You need to report, record and replace items which are faulty so that they are ready for the next emergency.